So what would you like to see in RP?

Discussion in 'Server Chat / Updates' started by Teddi, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Provide a case as to why this should occur?

2. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

When Bundt wants to go on a DM-ing spree.

3. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

Well you see here, I am the Batmans Apprentice, and as his apprentice it is my duty to make sure the city is safe. In order to keep the city safe from the villians, I must have infinite supplies of ammunition, banhammers, gags, and Tuorgs. Only then, will the city ever be safe from the Jokers reign. Also, I have some anger issues I have to take out on random civilians.

You need to make a separate Bundt class, that gives you all of this, but in reality, the weapons and supplies don't actually hurt anybody. You see, I have taken long consideration into this new idea for the RP genre itself, and it will take it to a whole new dimension of reality, because you see, the sidekick never actually does anything except look good in tights (you want pics?) while the superhero (Tuorg) does all my work for me.

4. Tuorg

Tuorg Pootie Tang

a stable game mode

5. Zephyr1551

Zephyr1551 The Slayer of Bob

There should be a murderer class that gives the player a knife and it insta kills people when you stab them, you also cannot tell when they are wielding the knife and can throw it to instantly slay anyone they see, it also has unlimited ammo.

6. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

TTT is over there ----------------------------------------------->

7. Zephyr1551

Zephyr1551 The Slayer of Bob

No, this is Roleplay related.

8. Mc Diddles

Mc Diddles <marquee><font size="3" color="blue">Justice Team<

The joke.

Your head.

9. Teddi

Before we have a wave of intended shit "suggestions", A few clarifications -

• There are no classes anymore. Stuff like police is ran by the government (ie myself and Whitefang initially). Consider it how CP / OW was ran with srs0
    • There will most likely be elections for a government (we're not 100% of how we want to implement this yet, but it has been discussed).
    • The gamemode has been freshly written from the ground up, so it shouldn't have performance problems.

10. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I made you a graph.

[​IMG]

11. Mc Diddles

Mc Diddles <marquee><font size="3" color="blue">Justice Team<

There better be bugbait.

12. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

Program them with the characteristics of Arma II guns. On a side note I would like to stab people.

Zephyr brings a good point, a lot of games that require you to level up to unlock things become extremely addicting for many of the people who play it, I say we should seriously consider this idea.

13. Teddi

Elaborate.

[/quote]

Which Roleplay will have. Not so much in your face, but it will be required.

14. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

Does Bundt need to apply for a government position, because there is a certain department He would like to be the head of and personally he doesn't think anybody else is up for the job.

15. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Department of Drugs and Whores is already assigned to Zeke.

But yeah, I don't really like skill systems.

[​IMG]

16. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

If your adding some sort of skill system, stay away from the picture Whitefang post describes, No excessive GRINDIN'

17. Tubbimora

Tubbimora New Member

Maybe some sort of Criminal Record that could be cleaned for a price (or a bribe)?
    E.g. a player gets caught making durgs to get money multiple times and therefore it appears on his record to show other police players that this player is prone to making drug labs and that they should be careful with him.

Would encourage people to be more secretive with their druglabs (or earning money without using druglabs) instead of going
    (OOC) Player: HEY BRO I'M HIDING DRUG LABS IN THIS PLACE WHY DONT YOU GUYS COME DOWN AND HIDE YOUR STUFF HERE

Note: even though its OOC, people are totally going to read that and retain that knowledge in the back of their heads and eventually go "OH I COINCIDENTALLY WALKED INTO THIS ROOM AND FOUND DRUG LABS, OOPS"

The other suggestion is some sort of way to earn money that doesn't have anything to do with illegal activities or dangerous things because in most RP gamemodes I've played on (being honest I haven't played many) the most common ways involve some sort of way to get arrested by the police or sell weapons to people who would use them to kill others. Maybe a stock market where you could buy/sell shares? (could be tied into corps)?

18. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

I was thinking including the idea of a stock market into my little bit about economy, But then I thought it might be too hard to do, But it would be a sweet idea, I agree with Tubbi on the whole "needs more ways to make money without violence" thing. Def should include a hunger mod type and keep some kind of food business.

19. Overlord

Overlord lolz to can't say @dmin

Fable 3 like game,

20. Tubbimora

Tubbimora New Member

If you wanted something basic, you could use the idea of having lots of different stocks and then after a time period (an hour?) each stock price would increase or decrease by a randomised variable between 2 values (e.g. 50T - 1000T or something). You could also throw in a random variable for an event that would dramatically increase or decrease a stock by an amount.
    However, I don't think this would really be a stock market as it wouldn't be affected by the players purchasing stocks etc. What I described is pretty much the system used in games like Drug Wars, except for the fact that they use drugs instead of stocks.

Also I totally have no clue how stocks really work, I should have listened more in Business Studies...