[ACCEPTED] Freecam for Surf

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Bugs' started by MochaBear, Feb 28, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MochaBear

MochaBear New Member

Sometimes it can be hard for players especially new ones to know where they need to go on some surf maps, that's why I believe a freecam would be a good edition to the surf server. By being able to see the map and the route you should take in order to complete it, it might make the trial of knowing where to go alot easier.

For your consideration
    -Mocha

ps: original idea by Rock, thread by Mocha

Soders and Miravyre like this.
  2. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

I think the /spec tool does a lot of this already, it's likely someone is online who's capable of beating the map, and they can be /specced to view how they're playing. Not really opposed to it, but speccing someone gives a lot more insight into i.e. when to leave a ramp, speed needed etc than just floating through the map.

I also think it ties into the replay system that's being developed where I expect players would be able to watch the top times on maps in some form.

3. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

This is something which is a individual from /spec or the replay system and can be added - it shouldn't be too much effort.

Soders likes this.
  4. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Should be available soonish, under the commands "freeview" and "freecam". Should show up in "!commands" when available.

Chaco #11 and Soders like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.