Aura ideas!

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Bugs' started by Miravyre, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Miravyre

Miravyre [BB] Admin Admin

It was mentioned before by Kaiden that body unusuals from tf2 would be something to explore. However i feel like something that would be nice to see would be whether or not certain taunt effects that exist there could be used as auras as opposed to unusual effects. I believe having some of these effects would be rather nice since it could introduce more auras into the store, being that currently in the store there are only 11 that you can access. Which among these 11 auras, 2 of them are out of the hands of most players.
    As an example we have the image posted by Kaiden in the discord of the unusual effect "static shock" and then as well this effect "Pyrophoric Personality"(both uploaded below) These are only 2 examples but there are still others that could potentially be used, and even some that could be incorporated as holiday exclusives.

Attached Files:

Soders and HuggingPretzel like this.
  2. HuggingPretzel

HuggingPretzel New Member

(Yay for stacking unusuals) I like the idea of having another tier of auras. It seems like those unusual effects are just normal auras with particle effects, so it may be possible.

The only kind of body particle thing we have is the christmas blizzard, so yeah it would be cool to have maybe a halloween themed aura with bats flying around ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Miravyre likes this.
  3. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Member

Aura ideas!

More Auras
    !

4. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

It's one I'm interested in exploring, the fully body/taunt effects as potentially a legendary/unusual type of aura. I think will need some considerations as some of the effects are pretty large, and could also impact FPS, so need to balance up interesting effects vs performance/screen space etc.

Miravyre likes this.
  5. Miravyre

That's a good point. With that being said i do in the future hope we could get some more to auras, being whether it's just new colors of auras or potential legendary/unusual auras taken from tf2 effects.

6. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

So had a look at the taunt effects from TF2 and most don't fit sadly - they either float off the ground and look odd which we'd not have much control over, or are too large, or only trigger once and don't loop. The electric shock one for example doesn't look the same in Gmod as above (seen below).

There's around 8 which could fit which are the below effects and could be worth looking at more.

upload_2021-9-21_22-17-14.png

Emerald Allurement
    Pyrophoric Personality
    Spellbound Aspect
    Shimmering Lights
    Twinkling Lights
    Fountain of Delight
    Holy Grail
    Screaming Tiger

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
  7. Miravyre

Dang, that is a shame. Still have potential for others but i guess it looks like it might not happen