[SUGGESTION] Cube/Crate Bonus for Inactive Maps

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Bugs' started by Kaiden, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

An idea could be when votemap comes around, a map that hasn't been played in a while gets highlighted as i.e. double cubes or high % crate drop for completion etc. A way of rotating maps a bit, of getting some maps played that maybe aren't seen that often. Could happen every once in a while, doesn't have to be every vote map. Envisioning a gold banner around the map name or something similar. Similar to how WoW did battleground dailies in future expansions.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
  2. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Something like this isn't impossible to do, though I'm wondering is there actually a problem to solve here - i.e are players lamenting or frustrated that various maps aren't played?

3. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

I think the idea is to get maps like Beyond, which aren't really played much but nothing wrong with them more into the rotation. They're not overly well known so don't get the same clout as Kitsune but would help increase the time less common maps are seen. Don't think it's urgent but just an idea, it seems a common feature these days to get players playing what may be overlooked.

Soders and Elysian like this.
  4. Elysian

Elysian Member MVP

I think having something like 3 or 5 daily unpopular maps would be a great idea, and you could refresh the maps everyday at peak time so its always a lot of players learning about the map.

Kaiden and Soders like this.
  5. Elysian

Elysian Member MVP

also if it is 3 or 5 daily maps, can put like 1 hour cooldown to do the next one so people dont do all of them instantly and have to be on the server for more time

Soders likes this.
  6. Miravyre

Miravyre [BB] Admin Admin

I honestly forgot this post was made a while back but i feel like this should definitely be revised!

A while has past since this message but something i've noticed that's been brought up several times is that people don't really enjoy the fact that the server always seems to play the same handful of maps, and i kind of agree myself. I think added a form of incentive or perhaps method of picking less popular maps would be a great idea!

My personal idea for this suggestion is perhaps having a system to look at the map vote stats for a week and then have it identify say the bottom 3 or so maps voted in the past week and have some sort of bonus for playing the map, be it a percentage cube bonus or maybe some other nifty reward that could perhaps persuade people to look at more than just certain maps. What i think helps this system is that at least on paper you shouldn't have the same maps marked to have a bonus as people might be interested in those maps more than others.

Soders likes this.