[ACCEPTED] Rank Idea

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Bugs' started by Lisa, Sep 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lisa

Lisa [BB] Admin Admin

So, there has been a lot of chatter about wanting ranks, and if it was a matter of wanting something different, then hopefully this is a decent idea. xd

So, i was wondering if maybe having a new tab on the F1 menu for ranks would be a good idea, and the way the ranks could be sorted is maybe by adding up your PB's from every map on the server, but i also feel like to be eligible to be on the rank list, you have to have a PB on every map on that server.

For example, on the easy server for say Jr and myself, add up our PB's and the persons total time added up could be your place on the rank list, Jr being better than me would mean his PB's added up to a smaller number. I feel this way you don't need special rank names and could just use numbers. I am mighty curious on where i am compared to everyone else on the server. :p

I hope this was a decent idea and i didn't waste your time, thanks! :)

Junior likes this.
  2. Chase

Chase [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

So, I am a bit confused. Are you saying both of your times add up into one? Also, are you saying since he is better your rank title would be higher? Someone did mention something smart it would be to have on the server. Beating every easy map giving a title. I don't know if teddi would be opposed to having it since titles are earned or donated thru.

3. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Not a fan of adding up PB's myself - I feel ranks could probably fit in somewhere, but probably not with this approach. I envision some form of rank would work with play time and player ability, but not sure how really.

4. Lisa

Lisa [BB] Admin Admin

oh i just mean like add Jr's PB's up and for example we will say his added up to 1000 seconds, then add mine up and say mine came to 1200 seconds. Jr would rank higher than me because his over all times added up to a better number, also meaning he was faster on the maps than i was. :D

5. Jr6150

Jr6150 [BB] Admin Admin

I actually think this is a pretty neat idea. Ranks apart from the seasonal leaderboards have been asked for a lot and I think this would be a pretty easy way to implement something along those lines short-term while a more robust system could be discussed or implemented. PB's are already stored for everyone so I would think summing them together and then displaying that number to the user wouldn't be difficult at all.

6. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

I'm not too sure what is really offers myself - so your total PB is 6,298 for example, does that really equate to anything?

99% of our playerbase don't beat every map on both Easy and Hard (hence why the Hard aura is so rare), so really it's a feature that would benefit so few as to not be worth it.

I agree on ranks in some form, but think needs more refinement to be accessible to many whilst not obnoxious (hurr knight captain cause you played for 3 hours for example).

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.