Daddy's Full Admin Application

Discussion in 'Approved' started by Daddy, Jan 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daddy

Daddy [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

Name: Daddy
    SteamID: STEAM_0:1:46787806
    Servers: Surf Easy, Surf Hard, Deathrun

I've been a part of the community for a while now, I believe it fair to say I'm rather well known amongst the regulars. I've carried out my duties as one of the Sub-Admins on BB without any questionable decisions being made, all things considered, for a long enough period to where I'm comfortable putting in this application. I think that my peers would support this push and I hope it will be received well with the uppers. I've been a successful advisor for the addition of many maps and have continued to put forth the effort to help better the server by assisting in any way that I am able. It is with no question that I'll continue to make these strides whether or not this application is accepted. We'll just have to see! Thanks for reading.
    -Big D. :cool:

2. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

I think one thing to consider is some of the friends you've brought onto the server, which is probably fair to say they haven't been the most savoury characters. While it's not much fun punishing your friends, ultimately they can't be allowed to abuse the server just because they know an Admin. I know we had one a couple of days ago and I recall it happening before (dunno if the same person), so just something to consider.

x9nine, NeverReady and Lightning like this.
  3. Daddy

Daddy [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

I'm not so sure you've put much thought into that worry seeing as how the "friends" you're referencing is just one individual. Most of the friends I interact with actively on Steam are members from BB, there are 3 other people that I still talk to since the days when I admined on Prestige Gaming, a server that has been off of Garrys Mod for some time now, and yes the one you've had to ballpit twice is occasionally annoying and perhaps even "unsavoury" as you put it; however, I've never shown any favoring towards him when it comes to punishment, in fact he's only been on twice over the course of the many months I've been an active member of the community so there hasn't been many options for me to anyhow. A more constructive and reasonable view would be to consider how many times you've seen me help individuals on the server and that's not to count ones you haven't seen. All in all I can honestly say that any negative opinions on my behaviors pale in comparison to the help I've brought into the community.

4. Kaiden

We have to consider everything, we can't ignore something just because of plenty of other good examples. It's just interesting I joined and noticed he was immediately awful with how he was using mic. After a few minutes I warned him after he insulted you and you advised he was a friend of yours. You then left and he continued to tell players to stfu, so I muted and he left. It's just worth reflecting if you would have muted him in my absence, or if he would have been let slide due to knowing you.

Regardless of that I agree it's rare to have something negative to say given everything else you've provided to the server.

NeverReady, Lightning and Daddy like this.
  5. Kaiden

Accepted; delay was due to a lack of player feedback for the most part, but we feel ample time has passed to accept it.

Teddi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.