[SUGGESTION] Barrels on deathrun_steam_works

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Bugs' started by Kaiden, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

The barrels on deathrun_steam_works seem a bit too difficult; the margin for error seems real small unlike i.e. iceworld snowmen, and doesn't make for that fun a trap. Perhaps their collision could be made smaller or so?

Lightning likes this.
  2. x9nine

x9nine New Member

I think it is fine as is. Yes, it is easily the hardest part of the map but it works well because the rest of the map imo is fairly easy. The barrels provide a much-needed challenge to the map and, once you got down how to do it it's not too difficult. (easiest way I find to do it is to go 3rd person and hold alt). If you were to change anything on this map I would suggest fixing the bug on the 3rd & 4th traps where the runners can just crouch walk under them.

NeverReady likes this.
  3. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

It's a fair point, I'm all for challenging traps, but this one feels more like the hitboxes are larger than the objects themselves, which just makes it frustrating rather than hard. Snowmen on Iceworld are more what I'd expect from these kinds of traps, you have to navigate them but ultimately if you're careful you'll get through, having to use (and know about) 3rd person to do it with accuracy doesn't seem right.

This is something that was discussed before, and I've seen players echo the same feelings, but ultimately will leave it up to Teddi, as yeah the rest of the map is pretty simple.

x9nine and Lightning like this.
  4. Chaco #11

Chaco #11 [BB] Admin Admin

Yeah, I feel like the hit boxes are actually larger then the barrels themselves. Because once you make that jump to the other side of the barrels there is a very high chance of hitting them even when you dont touch them. I dont know, just my opinion. Yea it does make it a little challenge but they should be a little smaller ;)

5. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

The hitbox is higher as the mapmaker didn't make the barrels themselves explosive, instead there's a large bounding box around each barrel so even if you don't touch the barrel and instead the bounding box you're pretty much guaranteed death.

I'll look into reducing the size of the boxes.

Chaco #11, Lightning and Kaiden like this.