Movie Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by |Sneaks|, Jul 24, 2016.

1. |Sneaks|

|Sneaks| Guest

It has been brought to my attention that I am uncultured swine. Assist me in my remediation. Post movies that you think everyone should watch.

2. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

IMDb's top 100 I generally agree with, and is probably the best list around for the top films from the last 60 years or so. There's a couple in the top 20 I need to watch still (not sure if Inception should be #14?) but otherwise it seems a solid list, and most people should have seen or at least know of most of the top few dozen.

One of my favourites is Battle Royale, the 2nd was OK, not as good. Otherwise up-coming, might go see new Star Trek, will find out of it sux or not first. And probably Dr Strange later this year.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  3. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

4. CrystalCastles

CrystalCastles Active Member

Oh lord, I wouldn't say any of the movies I'm about to list are must sees for anyone but they are great movies with cult followings.
    My favorite would have to be a foreign film called Amelie, it is in french and you'll have to watch with subtitles but everything about it is great from the scenery to the director etc.
    Secondly I'd have to recommend A Requiem for a Dream. This move is wonderful but hard to follow for some people. It is about drug addiction, prostitution, mental illness, violence, stuff like that. It also has wonderful directing, in fact I find it to be absolutely brilliant.
    Thirdly, Donnie Darko. This is a movie that begs to be watched more than once to fully understand it and just in that regard alone it is brilliant. It's about a boy with schizophrenia (or at least, would seem that way). I wish I could say more but I can't spoil the details. Great directing here as well.
    Lastly I'll recommend A Clockwork Orange. A movie based on the book of the same name the theme seems to be karma and it is oh so sweet. Great directing and acting. It may be hard to understand what they're saying but the action alone should keep your eyes glued to the screen.

5. Brinker

Brinker Member

Petes Dragon was my absolute favorite movie growing up, can't wait to see the 2016 one!

6. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Recently watched He never died and it's actually a fairly decent movie. There's not much exposition so you're left trying to work out at the start what's going on, what exactly the main character is and so on - but it in general is just a nice small flick that I found entertaining and nice compared to the usual drivel broadcast in theatres.