Happy Birthday [BB]! BB 10th Anniversary Announcement!

Discussion in 'Server Chat / Updates' started by Teddi, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

It's been 10, very long years since [BB] was founded in the early days of Garry's Mod 10. 10 years of being a community, playing together and making all those friends along the way. Other communities have since risen and fallen yet in that time [BB] has remained.

There's not an exact time known when [BB] itself was founded, merely that it was roughly in the summer of 2006. For a long time it was just a very typical LightRP / DarkRP server with the occasional update here and there. Approximately one year later the domain bbroleplay.co.uk was registered by the original owner, Ben Build and since then; these forums have existed in one shape or another.

At the end of 2009 I took over [BB] when Ben left for new things and since then, it's been an interesting series of events. We may not be the behemoth that we were back between 2006 - 2008; however we've managed to show time and time again that no matter what - we're able to provide quality content for everyone to enjoy, without sacrificing integrity that many of these servers often end up doing. So I invite you all to share this 10th anniversary with the [BB] team and myself; alongside all the additions for the upcoming two weeks.

Platinum
    Over the next two weeks non-Platinum players will be able to get a taste of what Platinum is like with the command /tryplatinum or /tryplat. This will give access to the majority of Platinum perks for 1 week.

During the next two weeks as well, Platinum will be on sale for $10 as opposed to $15 so if you find that you've enjoyed your trial of Platinum, now is the probably the best time to get it.

Expansion of the Item System
    The item system is ever expanding - It was only three months ago that the store relaunched, it was only one month ago that the commission system became available giving you; the community a chance to model and get rewarded for it.

We're furthering this expansion into the form of crates and drops. During the anniversary everyone will receive a crate which contains two items - one random and a vintage [BB] cap. Unlike other systems that require you to purchase a key to open the crate - our editions of crates allows you to open the crate straight away to receive your item. Not only that - but we've also introduced rarity on items; alongside certain styles of rarity having special effects that comes with the item.

We've also heard your pleas regarding the ability to trade and craft items. While these may not be in the current update - we are in the process of working on such systems and they will appear in the not-too-distant future.

After the anniversary, crates will start dropping for players on a semi-regular basis. Not all items are contained in these crates; however you may get lucky and find incredibly rare items that you may find difficult to afford in the first place!

Deathrun
    The gamemode that re-vitalised [BB] during some of our harder times is making a return! Updated and remade, complete with the ability to earn special items from it and cubes - this will be something worth playing. You can switch servers at any time in-game by typing /portal.

And much, much more!
    There's plenty of things we're releasing over the next two weeks, both in-game and here on the forums; including information about the since-cancelled Life gamemode, historic moments, odd developer quirks and more! Keep an eye over the next few weeks to see an absolute trove of information.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
    Chase, Bundt, Kaiden and 2 others like this.
  2. Alexwall

Alexwall Member

3. RaZoRaK

RaZoRaK Active Member

I have only been a part of this community for less than a year, but I feel at home on these servers. I have met many nice and generous players and also a few bad ones, but that never detracted from my experience. I wasn't very liked when I first started playing, and I get why. I was always loud on mic, brought up politics, and annoyed some of the players. But over my short time of playing, I have come to feel more accepted on the [BB] Servers and I feel like I am a part of an amazing community and I couldn't be happier about it. The admins are the nicest and most level headed admins I've ever met on any server in the past. The players who come on often and continuously support the server are good people and they are rarely mean for no reason. The whole server has such a great atmosphere thanks to the wonderful player base and helpful admins. I know I haven't been on as much lately, but I know I will be part of this server for a long time. Happy 10th anniversary [BB]!

4. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

Hey, we're still old.

|Sneaks| likes this.
  5. 12max345

12max345 Member