Ender's Full Admin Application

Discussion in 'Approved' started by Ender, Feb 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ender

Ender Member MVP

Hello,
    Yesterday Feb, 13 officially marked my 2 month period after joining on board as a Sub-Admin. I would think that I've done a pretty good job of administrating the server and still continue my frequency of attendance on the server as often as I can. And being helpful where possible I'm sure frequents on the server can vouch for that. Other than that I'm not sure what else to say.

Thanks! :)
    Ender

2. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

Having been on the server a lot myself over the last two months I can attest to Ender being very active in the community being on the surf server as much as anybody else. As far as administration he has done his job very well so far as a sub-admin, as our server is well managed when he is online and has a good reputation amongst our surf community. I would give him my vote as the power difference between sub-admin and full-admin isn't very much for our surf server and he has no history of drama or misconduct as far as I am aware.

3. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

I don't usually weigh in on applications, but considering it's the first Full admin application in 3 years I guess exceptions have to be made.

Ender's definitely been active on Surf over the past 2 months as Admin (and long before that when it wasn't popular), so that can't be questioned. What can be is if Surf is a great platform for judging if someone is a capable Admin or not. I'd argue it's one of the lowest upkeep gametypes around; there's no RDM, there's no prop spam, there's no traitor abuse, griefing bases or prop surfing. There's no moral or ethical choices in terms of NLR, scammers, griefing limits etc. In fact outside of those who abuse mics or threaten the server there's very little to do Admin wise.

And with that, can Surf soley be used to judge if someone is capable to manage the various gametypes BB manages? I have no idea if TTT, DR etc will suddenly become active again, it wouldn't be the first time, and it's certainly not Ender's fault that Surf is the only active server. Is 2 months on a low maint server enough time for someone to join a team of extremely experienced Full Admins?

I guess that's my thoughts currently, ideally a few more people giving feedback would be great, but I understand the vast majority of Surf players aren't on the forums.

4. Killermon

Killermon Hammer time!

My thoughts echo that of Kaidens - It's very hard to judge the full range of an admins ability on Surf, simply due to how low maintenance it is. However, with what I have seen of Ender from all my time on surf, I've never had any reason to doubt his admining ability and he does a fine job on the server - I think it would be unfair of me to say otherwise simply because I haven't seen him on a more intensive server like TTT or DR, which at the end of the day, it outside of Enders control.

5. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Accepted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.