Build Suggestions

Discussion in 'BBuild' started by Ender, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Ender

Ender Member MVP

Build needs more addons that most Sandbox players are accustomed to.

Wiremod:
    Wiremod provides a multitude of fuction and gadgets for Garrys Mod while it tends to bring about "Minge" Players this could be fixed by limiting certain aspects like the E2 Tool to higher ranks while also giving players something to work towards.

Simple Third Person:
    This is a addon that's not really needed but couples well with PAC3 which is already on the server and allows 3rd person and camera angles.

Extended Properties:
    This is also a more quality of life addon that simply adds more options when editing props and npcs.

Stacker STool:
    This addon adds a easy stack for building which comes in handy when building things like towers, staircases, etc.

Improved Polyweld Tool:
    While this may want to be limited to higher ranks it is a really nice addon that makes editing the meshes of props available to you and allows for more in depth creations.

Also the server seems to lack certain textures from hl2, tf2, etc. this becomes a problem when trying to edit the textures of certain objects with the material tool being at the time we are limited to only a small amount of texture samples.

Thanks ;)
    Ender

Kaiden likes this.
  2. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

I'll get most of this added soon, some of it just requires compatibility with BBase for security reasons.

Ender likes this.
  3. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

What's likelihood getting Wire first and can deal with the rest later; whenever 2 of us join the server 3-6 more people generally dwindle on and leave again; I expect more addons like Wire might keep them around.

Also the prop limits may need to be revised; Ender's been building and he's at the prop limit, even though we made him Pro for a test. Not sure if it's too low currently.

4. Teddi

Well the prop limit for pro is 150 which is quite a few props. I mean exactly what sort of house is he building?
    Surf is on my todo list to get done today or tomorrow.

5. Kaiden

I think Ender just spammed a load of stuff then hit the limit when trying to spawn it, disregard :)

6. Teddi

Okay, how essential is Wire, notably E2 for the server? It requires me to unravel a bunch of security I have baked into BBase and it's not something I really want to do unless I have to.

Edit: As for materials and so on - you need the content to be mounted. The server is already mounting CSS / TF2 / EP2 content.

7. Kaiden

I think Wire without E2 is better than nothing if that's not too hard to add. There were a lot more materials before, like 20 fairly common ones aren't loading now for some reason, maybe contents been unmounted recently.

Ender just wants 3rd person so he can view himself in a bath tub like this;

[​IMG]

8. Alexwall

Alexwall Member

offset trails are nice