Colorful Stuff for TTT?

Discussion in 'Trouble in Terrorist Town' started by Joey Skylynx, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Joey Skylynx

Joey Skylynx Minister of Propaganda

I understand that TTT shouldn't have stuff which will ruin gameplay[ie. Masks/Hats], but it really does need some makeup to get more interest back into it.

Some stuff I suggest would bring "fun" back into TTT.

Last Round Deathmatch
    I've seen this on quiet a few TTT servers. The last round culminates with the players usually getting Harpoon or Grav Guns, and being given the go-ahead to slaughter each other around the map. From what I've seen, this lowers the urge to MDM other players during normal play, and lets players blow off any steam they have from the last matches.
    It's also just really satisfying to Harpoon other players when shouting "SPARTTTAAAAA" with some random wub-wubstep playing in the background.

End Round Music
    I honestly don't know why people like this, but ever since I first saw it in Chiefeh's TTT back in the day, it's become wide-spread across GMod and it's practically on every server I've passed by. Adding a quick "INNOCENCE WIN" or "TRAITORS WIN" and just some random music playing would defiantly make players more happy about winning. It's just fluff really, but for some reason people really like it.

Custom Weapons?
    I know TTT is meant to be somewhat Vanilla, but randumb weapons are sorta the "in" thing. Not even really dumb weapons, but stuff to cater to the Call a Dawty people. Stuff like "realistic" and "immersive" guns like the ones in M9K. Maybe some Nyan Cat rifle or something.

Honestly though, a lot of servers have random stuff, but a lot of it's fluff... BB's TTT could use a little fluff[do not take this literally] to attract more players to join our community.

Kaiden likes this.
  2. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Pretty much agree. Need to find the line between dumb weapons that put players like us off, and weapons that draw in players. But if I'm honest I've never really played custom TTT and there's people here who'd know a lot better which weapons those are.

3. Joey Skylynx

TTT honestly needs fluff to attract players to it.
    Just what kind of fluff is needed, and in what amounts is a different question entirely. :(

4. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

The problem which irks me here I suppose is we have a more developed taste for a gamemode to be more strategic and require some logic to actually work things out (whilst still having hilarious moments) and I feel that the above suggestions would in some way tone down the experience we provide. People that seem to stay often appear to enjoy what we have, albeit we get little feedback over what they think could change bar the occasional thing like this.

I've seen some pretty chilling and enjoyable last rounds on TTT and I think just having the last round as some terrible DM fest isn't exactly great. I'm not saying something more appropriate couldn't be devised, but a flat out deathmatch just seems eh, plus TTT's round code doesn't really cater to it at the moment. I could swap it to BBase (which does) but that would require some time.

The music is fair enough, I could recycle the current achievement music we have for that, or find something a bit more gritty for TTT. If anyone has any suggestions post them below.

By custom weapons, are you referring to having ones that can just be picked up out of the blue and be different, or buyable? There needs to be more to this.

5. Joey Skylynx

Stuff learned from other TTT servers: Kids like trails.
    Also: Some Infected Mushroom might work for the music

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  6. Perry

Perry The best guy ever

surely trails defeat the point of a traitor trying to be sneaky

7. Killermon

Killermon Hammer time!

I'm all for getting more players to the server, but I'm against modifying the server in such a way that it distracts from the game. In Deathrun and surf, trails and custom models are a nice addition - a cherry on top of the cake; but in TTT they fundamentally undermine the gamemode.

Any additions into TTT need to be well thought out and can't just be 'ADD MOAR WEAPONS' or 'ADD MOAR TRAILS' just because every other TTT server is doing it in my opinion. It really is a case of quality over quantity; sure we could fill the server up each night with bunch of gun toting 10 year olds, but I'm sure most of the community would rather play on a server with 10 people who take the gamemode seriously.

That's my two cents anyway!

8. Joey Skylynx

I agree entirely! Music would still be a nice touch though for the after-round, and it wouldn't really effect anything as far as I can tell.
    As for having something for the ingame play, it's just a matter of finding something which won't screw up the game-flow, but will add something and hell even a small addition for fun.
    I am still in favor of Teddi's concept for a slowmo weapon for the detective.

9. Perry

Perry The best guy ever

Server I am on now has this

[​IMG]

seemed interesting, voice level visualizer? never seen it before

10. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I think that's just a random effect unless you can check for that now

11. Teddi

You can, albeit it has no use other than looking pretty.

12. Joey Skylynx

Maybe some sparkly effects for when someone puts a message into chat?

13. Teddi

see eventual release of custom chat box