And so here we are

Discussion in 'Blog Posts' started by Teddi, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

2. Sleepydragn1

Sleepydragn1 Serious Business Since 08

I can't tell if that's a joke, a phrase intended to put certainty behind your words, or if there's a serious possibility that it'll be cancelled.

3. Teddi

It will be cancelled once and for all, or become a side project for a longer thing.

No longer will it be our focus

4. Roverrider

Roverrider Member

shouldn't the servers that are out now be the focus D:

5. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

[​IMG]

6. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

You must understand that this community was built on roleplay, hence the url, so a lot of us older players are quite interested in seeing a script released. At least with this date, we'll have a deadline to see if it happens or not. This isn't my opinion 100% or anything but I can just say I know a lot of people who'd be disappointed to see this project get laid to rest. Good luck on getting the script finished guys! Also, Bundt is king.

7. Roverrider

Roverrider Member

"us older guys" okay okay, I never said it was a lost cause or anything, I'm just saying some people still like the servers that are up and it would be cool if they could get updated any stuff, I would still like to play on the roleplay server, good luck with the scripting things

8. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

What you don't seem to understand is that a quite a lot of us have been sticking around this community with the promise of this for 4 years, So I (And others i'm sure) are glad to see some definitive news.

9. Roverrider

Roverrider Member

I'm not saying it's bad, I don't get why everyone's attacking me, I'm just saying the ones that are up now aren't being updated and there still are people who like them just like there are people who like the roleplaying one :(

10. Sleepydragn1

Sleepydragn1 Serious Business Since 08

From my perspective, I don't see anyone attacking you.

Also, seems like the servers are fairly well updated already.

11. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

There's a difference between updated and developed.

Updated would mean keeping it working and making any important fixes/balances.

Development is adding new stuff.

I'm sure the development team will continue updating the other game modes if necessary but focus their development time on rp for now.

12. Teddi

Well I'm not sure where you get four years from. The longest if you calculate it is 3 more than anything.

Most of us are somewhat sick of RP looming over our heads unfinished and to be honest it stops us from doing more fun enjoyable things because the reminder of "RP" comes back each time. I'm not saying it isn't fun to develop for, but sometimes the jokes belittling the length of time it has taken just makes it a bit meh to work on. Either way we've all progressed programming / design wise so hopefully it'll enable us to have something ready

Even if it isn't too pretty :v:

13. Joey Skylynx

Joey Skylynx Minister of Propaganda

As my buddy Unit says... Pretty goes right out the damn window when were discussing functionality.

14. Overlord

Overlord lolz to can't say @dmin

Well RP08 was the only populated RP game. Then BB Serious RP lasted a nice while. It did die around 2009, so 2010, 2011, 2012 and now 2013. So yeah it has been 4 years nearly.

Well I am shocked and depressed over the powerful words of Kaiden as a super-admin just made bbroleplay.co.uk deplete for getting the owner to say "consider it cancelled and done for." I am just really depressed now all I can say is fuck you guys.

I have been patient as much as you guys and I do not know why you guys are attacking teddi to get it done quicker. Again he is working now and has put a lot of effort into other things for the community to keep it up.

I am just lost for words again my full-admin words have no full value to the community probably just wasting my typing here from honestly. From that being just said now I can so sense spring is not going to blossom now if that has been said in that blog post.

It’s just going to be a grave yard and that just shows the expression with a lot of negativity now with in this topic.

15. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

Well this gamemode was originally called RP09 so i was just roughly calculating at 2009,10,11,12. So that's 4 years so shush

But i'm not trying to attack you to get it done quicker. I'd like it done but:

At the end of the day this isn't your job and none of us are getting any younger. At some point we will all move on and so you should focus on things you enjoy.

16. Teddi

It's three years, this was never meant to be rp 09 because when that was closed down, that was it.Ultimately kaiden just agreed with my own sentiments and no one is forcing me to do this.

Four years since the last game mode, three since we started working on it.

17. Perry

Perry The best guy ever

is whitefang still alive

and doing anything

at all

/ I only ask because all anyone says is that the only thing he does is get high and play LoL

18. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

I dunno what you think I said to Teddi, but I certainly didn't force him to write that date. At the end of the day April is exactly 3 years after the gamemode development started, and I think that's an opportune time for a release. I think any longer and peoples interest will subside. Fair enough if you're willing to wait around another 8 months, that's fine, but I know players who aren't. Naturally there's been mishaps, delays by Gary and other such fun things we can only expect when working with a 7 year old game - but we feel it's a pretty good time for a release.

If you're someone like me, and if someone says "Hi you have a month to finish this project", I really won't do a lot for the first few weeks, a bit in the 3rd and get it all done in the 4th. I work to deadlines, and Teddi is the same, I think setting an overall date is good in the long run.

19. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

The life.

20. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Gotta keep dat Elo up.

I have indeed been dead for the past two days though.