Obama vs. Romney

Discussion in 'Rant Section' started by Kaiden, Sep 6, 2012.

?

Who do you think will win the presidential election in the USA?

1. Barack Obama

19 vote(s)
    79.2%
  2. Willard Mitt Romney

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  1. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Who do you think will win the presidential election in the USA?

Who would you vote for?

2. komar

komar New Member

3. Killermon

Killermon Hammer time!

If Mitt Romney wins then god have mercy on us all.

4. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

5. Overlord

Overlord lolz to can't say @dmin

Its amazing how people get old when incharge. Obama got white hair already. Reminds me of Tony Blair he went old quick via UK stuff I hope Labour wins. Libral Dems realy ruined themselves.

Obama: "It's Time for Change"

No thanks I'd stick with him for another 3 more years. But I worry he will loose votes.

6. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

Asking about politics from 12 year olds and britbikes
    >2012

Just watch the debates, factcheck, and formulate your opinion. Both have pros and cons. The election will be closer than you think.

EDIT: Romney will lose the election because he is hiding his tax returns. It makes people feel like he has something to hide, and Obama will be sure to bring it up.

SUBEDIT: I don't think any of you are going to vote/can vote anyway.

7. Colonel Burger

Colonel Burger Member

The Neutrality has taken over me

8. Mc Diddles

Mc Diddles <marquee><font size="3" color="blue">Justice Team<

Ron Paul warned us.

9. BlackDog

BlackDog FUMUKU, shall rise again

One can hope the US dosn't get another republican, "Change" was obamas platform originaly, and after he won, the republicans from that point on was basicly "Block his change at all costs, and blame him for it, then come election time make an even bigger fuss about how none of this is our fault at all and how its entirely his, and not at all mention how much damage Bush did for8 years prior to him being elected"

10. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

I think, out of all the candidates for re-election, Ron Paul was the best qualified, but now that he's gone, I'd say we're looking at another four years of Obama. Honestly, out of Obama and Romney, I don't really know which is the lesser of two evils.

11. GunFISH

GunFISH New Member

[​IMG]

In all seriousness though I do hope that Obama wins

1 person likes this.
  12. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Seems Mitt released his 2011 tax returns

He made serious bank, what does he even do?

13. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

He heads a trust. The way American taxes work is that the highest income bracket is taxed ~36% (don't remember the exact number), but that's only the case if you're actually doing a real job and are pulling in that money from your weekly/whatever paycheck. Then you have people like Romney, Warren Buffet, and my mother, who all get the mass majority of their income from some kind of stock or investment venture (things like dividends, or the amount made from stock you sell) which, regardless of your income bracket, is taxed ~15.6%. This has both downsides and upsides, in that it's purpose is to encourage people to invest, but you sometimes get the super wealthy, like Buffet, who is known for cynically mentioning that he pays less in taxes than his secretary. How does it work in Britain? I lived there for a while, but never looked into this kinda stuff.

14. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Tax in the UK is elaborate which is why workers don't have to do everything behind the scenes, the business does :v:.

There's many ifs, buts and wheres in UK tax culture, so many loopholes etc.

15. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

I don't think Mitt's taxes matter, but America does obviously. He made his money legitimately, he exploits loopholes, but I'm pretty sure every investor does. He did have a head start in life, but then again, nearly every American president did, and you can not win a presidential election in 2012 without having money. Obama out raised McCain by a 2:1 margin I'm pretty sure. Also I for one think that him paying 13% is a lot considering how much money he makes. Avg. American salary: $44,000. Mitt's Salary: $20,000,000. Lets give the Avg. American salary an income tax of 25%. 25% of $44,000 = $11,000. So the Avg. American pays $11,000 a year in income tax. On the other hand, 13% of Mitt's $20m = $2.6m a year in taxes. That comes down to him paying 236x the amount of money in taxes than the average American. Regardless of "oh he doesn't need that money anyway, hes a millionaire" it's still his hard earned money, and he has to pay 236x the average Americans taxes because he simply makes more money. If he only gets 1 vote, than why does he count as 236 people when it comes to taxes? That right there is the definition of fiscal conservatism.

16. Pvt.Caboose

Pvt.Caboose New Member

416865_3348887900655_113694316_n.jpg
    This pretty much how I feel about it.
    581031_3348896100860_500735466_n.jpg
    I watched the presidential debate. Honestly unless Obama has a fucking teleprompter in front of his face he just dumbass. Whereas Romney knew what he was saying and he didn't make me laugh with a stupid response. In all seriousness Romney will be a way better choice for America. I'm not racist as most people say because I am not voting for the black guy. Honestly if you gave me a list of what each candidate wanted to do. I would 100% pick Romney.

17. Elk

Elk ecology enthusiast

Being a woman, I say Romney can fuck off. No thank you.

18. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

Again, still don't think either is a good choice, but as to Romney's stances on most social issues, they aren't in the least bit strong. In fact, after the Iowa Caucus, multiple times he mentioned that he wasn't particularly against abortion, gay rights, and various others, with the GOP coming back afterwards to clean up, saying things like, "Derp, he misspoke."

19. Elder

Elder New Member

Colby 2012

20. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

Being a man, I say Elk voting based on social issues can fuck off. No thank you.