Razer

Discussion in 'Rant Section' started by Kaiden, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

So like 1-2 years ago I bought a Razer naga for MMOs and it's systematically got worse over the course of having it. When it's not double clicking when you single click it's randomly stopping. It appealed to me as the additional buttons are ideal for MMOs and it's a pretty small mouse + decent finish, but the build quality is just atrocious.

I'm assuming this goes for basically every Razer product as they just seem like a company who sells over-priced "pwn leet mouse/keyboard 3000" of awful build quality and not much else. Anyone got Razer products that actually work or had some awful ones?

2. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It's like Apple for "gaming" hardware.

3. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

I've had my razer copperhead like 4 years. Still use it all the time and it's very good.

Only thing that sucks is that theres a rubber thing down the side and it gets pretty yucky

4. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

I've never used a Razor product as such for any sense of gaming seeing as it all seems to be overpriced stuff. Sure the naga and other similar items could be handy but I've never had any issues until recently with my unbranded £12 mouse (literally yesterday it started playing up so I've ordered a Logitech G400 for £25 from Amazon).

At the end of the day they're as Whitefang says, an Apple like company for gaming that attempt to sponsor anything to get their name out there. Logitech mice have been superior for a long time and will continue to be I think.

A friend of mine would probably disagree though, he has a Razor product (one of the mice) and he loves it.

5. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

Logitech G6 "Gaming" mouse (adjustable weight-stuff) and a Logitech G19 "Gaming" keyboard (got if for the LCD screen so I can change music in-game).

6. Kaiden

The G19 is just a G15 with like £100 extra stuck on it because of the screen having colour =/ Also weight changes in mice are just a complete gimmick, like all the R.A.T ones which you half dismantle.

Logitech do generally make the best stuff though, I'll end up buying one of their mice eventually as I'm getting bored of this awful one.

7. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

Well I've got a razer imperator and it's the best mouse I've ever owned. Though rarely it will act up and stop reading for a second so it gets stuck, doesn't happen often. The Mamba is their best mouse though because it's both wired and wireless. Logitech mouses have always been fine with me, though a few times I had Logitech mouses that died within months.

8. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

Pfft, of course I know all that. It's not like I've never seen "super-mega-awesome-すげえ product" before, but I wasn't going to turn down the gifts. I honestly can't remember the last time I screwed with the weights in my mouse, but I must say, it is really nice having DPI pre-sets on the mouse itself. Switch to Sniper? Nudge it down one. Pyro? Up one. And I love the keyboard mostly for the volume controls and the ability to change tracks/playlists in-game.

9. Mc Diddles

Mc Diddles <marquee><font size="3" color="blue">Justice Team<

Razer deathadder for two years here.

Only problem I've ever had is the light randomly turn off and that the side buttons get really yucky (dead skin, grease all kinds of shit gets stuck down there). However I had one of their keyboards and god damn. It served me well for two years but a month ago when I went to clean it out the space bar just fell off and the keys became unresponsive. Now been using a Microsoft sidewinger. I love it but the keys feel a tad sticky.

10. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

You guys are fucking wrong. Razer has the best quality mice out there. My Razer Salamander I've had for about 5 years now, (discontinued) still works 100% no prob, best mouse ever owned (and it was $40 at the time). Now that one my parents use for their laptop, I now own a Razer Lachesis and it's even better! Any other mice I touch now are inferior. All logitech mice feel too clunky, don't fit my gigantic hands, never have the right material, and are always buggy. And Kaiden you bought the wrong mouse, you bought the one that truly sucks. Any mice that have more than 2 buttons on each side sucks dick, maybe if your mouse didn't have a calculator on the side of it it wouldn't suck so badly. I have complaints about Razer, but definitely not in their mice. (Yes I know what I just said) I had a Lycosa and Carcharias, both lasted less then a year. If your complaining about price it's because your buying their superl33t ti-94 calculator mice instead of their mice.

So if something computer related is overpriced we consider them Apple Products now?

All solid state drives are now Apple Products.

11. Kaiden

I've never bought their keyboards but I know several who have and they've all had faults with them, ranging from keys not working to the touch-sensitive media key just randomly activating.

It could just be the naga, although with that said 2 extra buttons on a mouse isn't that much at all for someone who's using over 60 binds in a game and is using nearly every conventional keyboard bind. (Ctrl/shifts and all variances of 1-6 and keys around WASD).

Their headsets and the like are definitely overpriced for the quality they provide. The Deathadder, their general all purpose mouse is generally well priced.

12. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

Isn't Razer coming out with some "Gaming Laptop" that's supposed to be the laptop to end all gaming laptops? What happened to that?

13. Teddi

Not coming out but developed. It effectively uses a specific keyboard that is designed for macros and hotkeys.

14. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

15. Kaiden

It does look cool, but I bet it'll be £100s over the market price, like Alienware laptops.

16. sConed

sConed Member

Both Razer mice I've owned, the Salmosa(owned 1-2 years) and the DeathAdder(current mouse, owned less than a year), have never had a single problem. The soft-rubber used on them feels great on your hands compared to plastic, and they fit my hand perfectly. Reasonably priced too, at $40 and $60. I've never really heard anything good about their headsets though, and I've never bothered looking into their keyboards. For my keyboard, I'd probably stick to Logitech. I've had the G110 for a year now and it's been perfect so far.

They announced it would be $2800 :v: (not to say that it doesn't look cool)

17. Teddi

This £10 mouse I've had for three years hasn't had any issues as such and has always been comfortable to use. The only reason I'm swapping it out for a G400 now is because it's on the cheap on Amazon and this current mouse is only just starting to go now.

At the end of the day it's hard to go wrong with a mouse. They should easily last a good few years (especially if you're an avid user due to the usage they get). You do not need a £50 - £100 mouse to prove this. Unless you're buying one for super cheap (£5) and you get that terrible plastic, the mouse should be fine. Hell, even the basic Logitech mouse for £10 is excellent. I have one for another computer in the house (well, laptop as it's used mostly by my family) and it's perfectly acceptable for gaming (albeit the lack of a couple of side buttons).

To pay more than £40 - 50 in my opinion is daft. It should either come with some good features (eg the Razor Naga with its extra buttons designed for MMOs) or it should be able to make my dinner for me. If it doesn't have either of those then it's an overpriced heap of (arguably) spectacular junk.

18. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I recently got a Gigabyte M6800 for €10 and it's just fucking fine.

19. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

My Razer Imperator was only $45 on Amazon. Would gladly have payed more now that I know how awesome it is. 5600dpi makes it easy as hell to use and so smooth. Preset sensitivities incase I want to quickly change it. It doesn't have 1,000 buttons, just 4 extra ones (including the sensitivity ones), but I don't play MMOs as it is. It's a wired mouse but the wire is a braided cable; a lot more durable than rubber cables most mouses have and it doesn't drag at all when you move it.

20. Cwivey

Cwivey See-wivey!

Feel so cheap having a Microsoft-Basic Optical mouse, £5. :p