[FIXED] Bug on surf_minimumwage

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Bugs' started by FOLLOWER, Nov 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FOLLOWER

FOLLOWER New Member

there's a way to skip stage one but still get cubes for both stages and make it on the leaderboard.

2. Bruhtatochips

Bruhtatochips New Member

I spectated him to see what was going on and it seemed like you had a rare chance when hitting a specific wall to, instead of being teleported back on stage 1, go into stage 2. We weren't able to reproduce it though :(

3. FOLLOWER

FOLLOWER New Member

yea I thought it happened once but I wasn't able to do it again. Maybe I was mistaken.

4. Bruhtatochips

Bruhtatochips New Member

I mean both of us were able to do it once so it probably could possibly be exploited but after the first time we just couldn't do it again

5. Bruhtatochips

Bruhtatochips New Member

I'll make a video of the area we're talking about and post it here

6. Chaco #11

Chaco #11 [BB] Admin Admin

Even so, more information is needed on how to possibly reproduce this bug on this map.

Could you post your actions step by step leading up to the occurrence of this bug?

This information will allow the developers to investigate and resolve the bug more quickly.

7. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Member

Look at Detective Chaco of the 11th Precinct over here.

Chaco #11 likes this.
  8. Bruhtatochips

Bruhtatochips New Member

Attached Files:

9. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

It's possible the mapper has a bad teleport trigger down there. I'll investigate it when I get a chance and it'll likely be the case that times get reset in the event adjustments are made.

10. Teddi

Without video evidence of this actually happening (ideally a demo file) I can't really action this any further. I've had a look at the map and the surrounding entities and in that area it's not possible to get teleported to Stage 2 unless the map is doing something super funky that really isn't that obvious.

Edit: I do believe it's a thing because you both reported invalid split runs automatically, I just cant see how it's happening

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    Chaco #11 likes this.
  11. Bruhtatochips

Bruhtatochips New Member

I'll try to see if I can do it again but like we were both trying for 20 minutes and only did it once so idk if it's really worth it or not. Might just want to put a zone that makes your time invalid in that region tbh. I'll try to find other ways since you mentioned that it shouldn't be possible, but we got those invalid splits that showed that we did skip stage 1, so it could be a bigger problem than previously thought.

12. Teddi

I'll likely block it off, the only thing I can think of is someone either when decompiling there's an entity not being reported or if you're going fast enough somehow the server is allowing you to skip through the ceiling and somehow hit the reset trigger in the part of the next stage.

The red line denotes the skybox to indicate how close the two are.
    [​IMG]

The only problem with this theory is then you'd spawn far closer to the end of the map rather than stage 2 start and thus getting stage 1 completion then wouldn't happen (but you could complete stage 2) and you could only "collect" splits 12 and 13. We know for a fact this is happening before the first split zone because split 1 is never being recorded.

[​IMG]
    The other problem with that theory is the distance is great enough for the two areas before you hit the void that it just couldn't happen.

From what I can see there's no logic entities either that would facilitate this. While I could just block it off and be done with it I'm more concerned that this behaviour is problematic and could happen elsewhere in the map.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.