What video games are you looking forward to?

Discussion in 'Gaming and Tech' started by Kaiden, Oct 14, 2011.

1. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

I disagree. I have seen some idiotic asses, but the majority of the people I've seen have been decently nice.

Edit: Speaking of LoL.

2. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

HoN is notorious for their community being a pile of poo.

3. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

Well in the video of Skyrim the guy said anything you see an NPC do in the game you can do yourself for money. So it might become a little like Fable 2 in a sense.

4. sConed

sConed Member

HoN has more of a "hardcore" aurdience (meaning mostly fanboys). I'd reconsider and try out LoL. You'll still get some idiots and assholes, but most are decent. Dota 2 is trying to be more approachable to new players, so I'm hoping the community will be too.

5. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Hm fair enough, will take a look at it!

6. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Thing is, as bad as Valve gets (and the SPUF) I doubt they'd ever be as bad as the LoL / HoN communities. Hell Valve even has a nice thing for rewarding players who help out players via the trainer mode in TF2.

7. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

DoTA games have a shitty community end of.

8. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

So the new Lord of the Rings game is out.

To start with i was disappointed but after a few minutes it is a reeeally fun game. I don't understand why i seem to started with the best gear straight a way though (Unable to use it ofc)

9. Sleepydragn1

Sleepydragn1 Serious Business Since 08

I'm going to preorder The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (that's the one with the cards, right?) and two copies of Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (one for me, the other as a birthday present for my friend) pretty soon.

10. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

Cards? wut

11. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

<snip> dubble post

12. Kite

Kite Member

Skyrim and Creed.

Probably the only few games worth getting around this time.

13. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

DCUO just went free, get on steam NAO!

14. Kaiden

Oh awesome, will check it.

15. Perry

Perry The best guy ever

Yeah I got it, it's an amazing game for F2P. Graphically it's pretty, a bit cartoony but it's optimized reaaaally well. 15 GB download made me cringe, but I uninstalled some games I didn't play and left it overnight, so it was all good.

I much prefer the faster gameplay in DCUO to the CoH or CO slow, timed skill based ones. This is more instant-action fighter.

Have a picture:
    [​IMG]

16. Ashman

Ashman Member

goes free to play, 120K new players over 2 days and suddenly all the servers are broke, they didnt see that coming?

17. Perry

Perry The best guy ever

Does anyone ever see it coming? They don't prepare for it, they react. It happen every time, no matter the MMO.

18. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

Preparing requires effort and money for new boxes, they want to rake in the dosh (even though it's f2p) before they buy new servers.

I want to bring up a new MMO that is currently in the 4th closed beta in Korea. Yes, Korea, the country that makes the best MMOs, clearly. This game, ArcheAge.

Basically it is your typical MMO, for about the first 5 minutes of the starting zone. Then, Oh... well, then is gold. The main perks of this game is Sandbox (Castles and cities literally built by guilds, and run by guilds, likewise, destroyed by guilds.), Naval combat (You get to spawn your own boat, take it to the dock, let it go, jump on the boat with yo bros, and sail out to open sea, where you can fire cannons and board the other peoples boats and take them over.), Combat (Nothing too out of the ordinary, but the spells and animations are unique), Environment (The graphics are badass in this game, they really tried hard with the environments (hills, trees, the works) and it really shows. You don't have to be a fighter, you can choose what you want to do, build houses, be a farmer, etc. They are trying to make a real game, this is the biggest funded MMO to come out of Korea since umm, I forgot, but the intital funds were about $30m - $60m, which is gigantic for Korean developers. It's truely trying to be a game of it's own, not trying to be a WoW clone or anything, just a really good game. I'll give you some videos to watch, keep in mind, they're in Korean.

[youtubehd]fCVVxOn7ZcU[/youtubehd]
    [youtubehd]f1p1os9-L7A[/youtubehd]
    [youtubehd]Jjg-TLBTZXg[/youtubehd]
    [youtubehd]Ocs53DyGip4[/youtubehd]

19. Kaiden

Went on PvP server. So far I've established some classes have massive advantages over others and even 2 levels difference makes such a giant difference in the fight it's not even worth bothering. Other than that I've enjoyed it. (DC online)

Wait that was sarcasm right, Aion and the like imo aren't the best MMOs, pretty generic to me. But I guess they get numbers in at any rate.

ArcheAge does look interesting though.

20. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

Yes, Koreans are notorious for their generic MMOs with slighty different UI's, crappy cash shops, shitty translations, and shitty graphics. The only true success to come out of Korea was Nexon (as much as you might hate them, they're rich as fuck)